We decided several weeks ago that it was time for us to get a car. We really wanted to get it as soon as possible, since the reason we decided to get it was that I have far away clinicals. Wow, it has been a crazy few weeks. We spent a bunch of time car shopping, and finally found just what we wanted for a good price, so we put a little money down so they'd hold onto it for us, and waited for our loan money to come in... and waited, and waited. Finally, I decided something must be wrong, so I called the bank, who told me they'd sent the papers to my school for certification but hadn't gotten them back. So I went into the office at school (had to miss some class for this even) and they claimed they hadn't gotten the papers. So I called the bank back and had them send the papers again, and the school finally got them certified and sent back to the bank. The bank took its sweet time disbursing the funds to the school, and the school took its sweet time disbursing the funds to me. Additionally, I was misinformed about the amount to be disbursed, which really screwed up everything. Do you think it's the state of the economy that's making everyone hold onto their money like it's super glued to their hands? So for weeks, we've been telling ourselves that we'll be able to get the car in just a few more days. Every long, long commute to my clinical sites on public transportation, I tell myself that I won't have to do it next week because we'll have the car by then. And it doesn't happen. So here we are still, carless as ever. We're working out all the kinks, slowly, but I refuse to plan on having it by this time next week, as I have every week since the beginning. Sometimes wishful thinking doesn't make things go faster, or work better. So this week, I'll make the commute the long way, and next week, I'll be off for midterms (yay for no clinicals). Maybe, just maybe, when I return to clinicals the week after midterms, I'll be able to get there in our car. I owe my sweet husband many thanks for the hours he has spent on the phone working out various issues. I know it has been frustrating to him, and it has taken up a lot of his time. I know this is a little messed up but I gotta say it- sometimes it's a little nice when things don't work out as easily as we'd like them to, because it makes the times when everything comes together easily seem all the better. Maybe that's just me.
Here's hoping that this'll all come together sometime in my lifetime. :)

Will it ever be ours?
5 comments:
FYI, I work right by Abington. I think you get to clinicals earlier than I go to work, but let me know if I can help in any way (ride home, maybe?).
and of course ripping super-glued dollars off of your palms probably isn't nearly as painful as asking your very willing friend if you can borrow HER car after she's offered it 10 billion times...
At least the car is cute!
cute car! i like the color. wowee, that would be really frustrating. hope it all works out and you get it real soon!
At last it's yours!
Post a Comment