Two words:
The first: hour
The second: our
Say each word out loud. Report how many syllables are in each word. Ask everyone you know to do the same. Post your results.
The fate of the universe rests in your hands. Don't let us down.
Two words:
Posted by Zack at 8:33 PM
7 comments:
hmm... maybe it will only be an embarrassment to me when you disclose the correct answer, but i got...
hour= 2
our=1
am i right????
Relax, there is no right answer in this poll. We're just curious what other people think about the matter.
Don't trivialize this, ShaNae! Never before has a question of such great import graced our blog.
By the way, there is absolutely NO dictionary use allowed. You have to post the results and ask a bunch of people before you can consult higher authorities.
Ummm...I say them both exactly the same way. I'm going to go with one syllable.
Hahahahahaha.......
This is the best midnight-amusement ever!
Have we yet discovered a clear winner?
I believe that as of right now, we are tied again.
Here's my humble non-English-degree-Utah-accent opinion: I believe "hour" has two syllables, and "our" has only one.
Post a Comment