Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I should write something exciting on my blog since the last thing I wrote was kinda boring.  Unfortunately I don't have anything exciting to say, so I'm afraid this post will be as boring as the last.  Mostly I'm just procrastinating doing more studying right now.


Apartment shopping is coming along very well.  We have been to see just one so far (it was alright but not fabulous) but we have found a whole bunch that look promising and have set up a load of appointments for this weekend.  I have to admit that the building we are in now is in basically the most convenient location we could imagine.  The subway stop is just right outside.  It will be hard to leave that after being so spoiled for the past months.  But we don't plan to stray very far from the subway when we move, so I'll get over having to walk for 5 minutes to get to it instead of 30 seconds.  I can use the time I saved by having a dishwasher to walk to the subway.

I am learning that I have been way too intolerant of Zack's tidiness level since we have been married.  I have turned into the biggest slob since school started.  Why waste precious energy picking those pants up off the floor?  Who cares if there's dust on the TV stand or if the picture frames are crooked.  Why did I ever care about having the clothes in my drawers organized by color?  It's funny how priorities shift based on the circumstances- but it can definitely be a good thing.  I will be much more sympathetic toward Zack now when he leaves some clothes on the floor or when his desk looks a little cluttered or when he doesn't even notice that the towels in the bathroom are hanging crooked.  He works so hard in so many other ways.  

Well, that's about all the procrastinating I can justify.

2 comments:

Zack said...

You think I'm a slob :(

Generational stitcher said...

You crack me up! We go through a new round of adjusting to what gets done every time we get pregnant again...I am much more of a clean freak when I have the energy and time :)