Monday, July 21, 2008

A little stress relief

It is midterm week and I am stressed out to the max.  This could make or break the term for me in an instant.  I think I am going to avoid whining about it this post and instead write about 10 happy/yummy/fun/likable things.


10- Cereal.  I just love it.  Especially the sugary kinds.  No, I do not have any Lucky Charms in my house at the moment, and I won't wax on about them any more than I already have in a previous post.  I had Honey Nut Cheerios this morning.  Yum
9- The X files movie is coming out this week.  Oh yeah!  I'm not a big fan of movie theatres and it can take an awful lot to get me to one, but this will be one of those occasions where I run toward the theatre with child-like enthusiasm.
8- Zack and I are going to see Les Miserables tomorrow night.  Several months ago when we bought the tickets, we didn't know what my school schedule was going to be like or even if I would be able to go but it really couldn't have ended up on a better night.  
7- I had this little friend in elementary school and jr high.  Well, it's her birthday today.  We don't stay in touch or anything, but I always remember her birthday.  I don't know why.  She won't read this, but Happy Birthday KaeDee.
6- Yes, you've heard about it on my blog ever so many times, but I honestly think my quality of life has improved 10 fold since I got my dishwasher.  Seriously.  
5- After this week, I will be 3/8 of the way through my program.   "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can."
4- I get to go to the temple this week.  That is a rare and sweet blessing these days since we don't have one here in Philly.
3- I live in Philly, "the city of brotherly love".  I love it here, and I am having so many opportunities that I would never have gotten in Utah.  I have met some of the nicest people ever.  
2- I got to sleep in this morning, a rare event for a Monday.  
1- Sorry ladies, but I have the distinction of having the best husband on the planet.  Don't believe me?  Go reread what he wrote a couple of posts ago and get back to me.  He is just so sweet, always thinking of me, always treating me awesome, even when I least deserve it.

4 comments:

LaChelle said...

I love how you mentioned cereal. Ah yes, I have fond memories of cereal at your house, after sleepovers. You always had cooler cereals than we did, and it was always a treat to have breakfast at the Woolleys...

Good luck with midterms. If anyone can do it, it's you!

Natalie said...

You are such an example. Way to focus on the positive! I think that attitude needs to rub off on all of us sometimes. :)

Oh, and I agree that cereal is basically the best thing ever. One of my favorite kinds went on sale last week, and it NEVER goes on sale. So now I have 4 boxes of Quaker Toasted Oatmeal Squares in my cupboard. :)

Generational stitcher said...

OHHH Lucky Charms!! Now I have a craving :) I loved you lucky charms post by the way. Way too go on getting through school! You're getting there!

Miss J. said...

Fun! I love this entry! So cute! Good luck with your midterms! You'll be awesome and totally breeze through them!

I love your blog design, by the way! Very cute - and I'm lovin' the pink and black!