I've been thinking for a few days that I should write a new post since my last one was pretty boring anyway, but every time I start to write a new post, I realize that I do not have anything more exciting than that to say anyway. Still don't. I'll write though.
When I first started this nursing program, they told us never to talk to the students that were one cycle (2 terms) ahead of us. They tell us the key is to not let negativity creep into our lives, and that those students ahead of us would be chalk full of negativity. Now I know why. When I first started, they would have just finished the term that I am in now. I can say with a firm conviction after only 1 and a half weeks of this term that it's a beast. I don't think I have been so raunchy in my whole life as I have been this past week and a half. My poor husband has to put up with my flying from one emotion to the next- excitement about finishing an assignment to ranting about how many more I have to do, chit chatting his ear off to slamming the door in his face just because I feel like it, crying for no apparent reason. This program is making me act like I've had a mega dose of hormones pumped into my bloodstream.

It really is time for me to get a grip. Anyone have any really good coping strategies?
6 comments:
Sounds like someone needs girl company with the following:
Roman Holiday
Watermelon
Raisinets
Chocolate Peanut Butter milkshakes
We'll have to get on this ASAP. What are you doing Saturday night? Are you too busy to let your hair down for the sake of mental health?
And hey, call me if you ever need to vent or chat, k? :)
I found that some time to do one little thing each day, just because I wanted to, really helped. It is also a good idea to little nice things for your husband (note on his pillow, favorite treat, etc.) This helps him to be more forgiving when the emotions fly!
Hang in there! Love ya!
Throwing rocks at stuff always sounds like a great stress reliever to me...but I've never tried it, so you'll have to let me know.
You handle it like I do most of the time...that or I eat. Or call my mom or sister and cry. If I were home I would bring chocolate...Hang in there!! This too shall pass :)
I like prozac! Just kidding. Make sure you take a little time for yourself every day to do something that makes you happy.
great - I'm so excited.
Post a Comment