Sunday, March 30, 2008

Have you heard?  I'm starting school tomorrow.  Ok, ok, I know, I've mentioned it a few times already.  Forgive me for being excited.  I know the grass is always greener on the other side.  I am sure that in the coming days, you will find me wishing that I weren't so busy, that I had less to think about, and that I could just sit around and do nothing, or perhaps you won't find me at all, but today, I am ready to move forward with this.  It seems unreal almost, like I will just wake up tomorrow like normal, and do nothing, like normal.  Instead, my alarm clock will be going off at 6:30 or 6:45 (I haven't seen that time of morning in months) and I will be off to school, like a real college student again.  A year from now, I will be a nurse- a real, live grown up able (at least in theory) to get a grown up job.  I swear, I was 17 just yesterday.  When did all this sneak up on me?


In other news.... hmmm.... I can't really think of any other news.  Zack says his news is that he has a stupid professor.  She is an adjunct and does not understand that some students actually have other classes besides hers.  She assigns lots and lots of work, sometimes springing things on them at the last minute.  Her latest thing is that for this week, she wants to move class from its regular time on Thursday night to sometime Thursday morning.  This is a 3 hour class.  It's like it never occurred to her that many (dare I say most) of the students in her class probably already have classes at various times throughout the day on Thursday, and even if they only have a couple, they probably don't just have a random 3 hour chunk of time sitting around, waiting to be filled.  Even in the event that one or a couple students do have said vortex of nothingness in during that particular day, the chances that even those few people's empty time would correspond with one another's is next to nothing.  I do not know where she gets these ideas of hers.  She should just cancel class and give her students a week to regain a measure of their sanity.

Well, I'm off.  Wish me luck.

0 comments: