
There is something about Lucky Charms. I'm not a General Mills marketing rep or anything like that but I can't resist pointing out how amazing they are. So the grocery store had this huge box (I'm talking 24 oz here- that's a pound and a half of sheer cereal bliss) on sale for like $3, which is amazing since the little box regularly costs over $4. Naturally, I bought a box. I had to resist the urge to buy 2, because I knew I would eat almost nothing else until both of those boxes were gone. That was Monday night. Today is Wednesday. I am sure the box is more than half gone. Maybe Zack ate some too.... In any case, it has been magically delicious. Somehow they find just the right blend of marshmallows and the other pieces (do those pieces have a name? I'll just call them grain pieces). I have experimented extensively throughout my life with various Lucky Charms eating techniques, including consuming all the grain pieces first and then eating the marshmallows all together at the end, and vice versa. I actually prefer the latter because eating all the marshmallows at once creates that sugar burn feeling in my throat. If I eat them first, I still have all the grain pieces to help that feeling to dissipate. But the truth is that the best way to eat it is all together. The way the grain plays off the marshmallows leaves me wanting more and more. This is not one of those tastes I savor slowly. No, this is one of those tastes that makes me choose the bigger spoon from the drawer so as to allow me to shovel more into my mouth at once. This is the kind of taste that makes me wish I could fit the entire bowl or even the entire box in my mouth at once. This is the kind of taste that leaves me scolding myself, "No, you may not have Lucky Charms for dinner. You already had them for breakfast and lunch." Also, as a side note, Lucky is really cute. If someone got rid of the dorky hat, gave him some normal clothes (enough with the green) and maybe an eyebrow wax, it'
d be even better. He can never achieve handsome status though, since he looks like a little kid. I guess Dimitri from Anastasia will maintain his place as most handsome cartoon character.

0 comments:
Post a Comment