Today was not my favorite day ever. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I love being a mom, and I adore my baby, but once in a while, I have one of those days where I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it. Since that is all but impossible with a baby, it is frustrating at times. Baby woke up around 6, and I really did not want to get up with her then, but, of course, it is what it is. After about an hour, Zack relieved me and I was able to get a little more sleep. Thanks babe. But I was still tired. And grumpy.
Monday afternoon, our landlord came by and gave us a notice that we had to clear everything out of all the drawers and cupboards in our kitchen. In 24 hours. Or they would charge us a $50 fine. That's annoying under the best of circumstances but my life is already a complete mess. My baby is such a crappy napper. Even when she does nap, she will not stay asleep for more than a few minutes unless someone is touching her. Which means that when she's napping, I am confined to the bed also. Which means that I don't get anything done. I don't have time to clean. I don't have time to exercise. I don't eat lunch most days because I don't have a chance to make myself anything. So to clear out my entire kitchen in a single day is really an overwhelming task for me. Zack helped, and we got it done Monday late afternoon/evening.
The reason why we had to clear all that out is so they could come spray for cockroaches. While I am very happy to have a landlord who cares about pest control and all that, none of it makes sense to me. We had to clear out our cupboards so they could come by and spray bug poison in them. I then felt the need to clean out all of the cupboards since they were empty anyhow and I don't want all my food and dishes sitting in bug poison. So I guess I basically just undid what they did. They got the spraying done yesterday afternoon, but we didn't get a chance to put it back together until today. Which helps explain my mood probably. We hadn't really had a kitchen in 48 hours, we had to put the whole thing back together, including scrubbing the whole thing down (which normally wouldn't be a bad thing, but we just moved in 2 months ago and things still looked pretty darn spick and span). *Sigh* The entire thing was just so frustrating to me. I have never had a landlord ask me to do anything like that before.
| Empty kitchen |
| all my kitchen stuff on the floor in the living room |
I know these are trivial problems, especially considering the problems of so many others out there. But it's still the kind of day that warrants a Double Gulp sized Diet Coke from the Sev and some junk food (yep, with no exercise and this kind of diet, I am going to look 6 months pregnant forever.)
2 comments:
Ugh. Those are the kinds of things that can just take it out of you.
We had.... I get a panic attack just trying to type it.... bed bugs this last year. Harmless little things, really, and we never even had visible bites, but I cannot tell you how much they continue to play a role in my nightmares. Literally. I have nightmares about them. Still.
Many condolences. Miss you.
Oh, I guess I didn't make it clear in the post that we haven't actually seen a single roach since we've lived here. I guess that's a good thing, but made the whole fiasco seem that much crazier.
Oh no... bed bugs!?! Those are hard to get rid of. Did you get it all worked out?
Post a Comment