This past week has been crazy... but it could've been much crazier without all the generosity and support I have received. This is a shout out to all those who offered to help when you found out that my clinical sites are ridiculous to get to without a car. I owe a very special public thanks to Becca and Tyler. Unfortunately, this blog isn't horribly public, but it's the best I can do. Anyway, they let me use their car several times over this past week. I used it to get to the 2 far away clinicals last week and also to get to 2 far away car dealerships (which were in opposite directions), logging probably nearly 200 miles in that time. I do not know what I would have done without that help, and because of their generosity, we were able to find the car that we hope to purchase. We may never have found such an incredible deal without the ability to drive to where the deal was. So thanks guys. I was in a real bind without you, and I really can't thank you enough.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Thanks. Dirty underwear. And more thanks
We're not quite out of the woods yet in the whole ordeal. I am surprised how calm I feel in light of that fact that I started the term on a shaky foot, trying to figure out what we were going to do about a car, and spending time with my dad while he was in town. I got hardly any studying done. I guess I feel so calm because I had my priorities straight, and I know that things work out when priorities are preserved. So here I am with about a bzillion chapters left to read, clinical preparation to do, 3 quizzes this week (2 already down, thank goodness), 3 quizzes next week, a bunch of things going wrong with my financial aid, and no clean underwear to wear tomorrow (I'm sure you wanted to know that)- but I feel good. Ask me tomorrow and the story may be different, but I feel very thankful this moment. I'm thankful for good friends. I'm thankful that I got to spend time with my dad. It's the first time I've seen any of my family since last Christmas time. I'm thankful that my husband has been sweet and supportive, and took a bunch of time out of his activities to help make my week (and future weeks) a little easier and more pleasant. And I'm thankful that it's almost October- I LOVE Halloween!
Posted by ShaNae at 8:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Lol. I TOTALLY know what you mean about the underwear. :) And am in fact contemplating posting this as anonymous, lol.
Please, please, PLEASE let us know if we can help in any way. Seriously. It would do me wonders to feel like we've repaid you guys for any of your amazing generosity.
I am glad things are working out. And for the record, there will many more days in the years to come where you realize that you have no clean underwear for tomorrow :) Hang in there!
You're really sweet. :) I'm glad everything worked out for you guys. Good luck on your quiz!
you're buying a car??! how exciting! what kind? and you got to see your dad---how nice. looks like you are quite busy...if you ever need anything, i'm not very far away! good luck with school this week, i'm sure you will get all caught up and do wonderfully well! :)
For the record, I put the laundry in and stayed up to switch it over, but went to bed while it was drying so there was clean underwear downstairs. Also, to those of you asking for a way to help, we accept cash, checks, and (if enough people request it) PayPal.
Post a Comment