Um, yeah, I sure must've made myself sound like sweet news in that last post since everyone made such nice comments about me after it. I feel like a stuck up snob. Didn't mean anything like that, just that I've come a long way and learned so much. So today, I am going to write about a few quirky/annoying things I do, to balance everything out. :)
One time a friend pointed out that when we would finish doing something (hanging out, going out to eat, playing a game, whatever), I would often (very often) say, "Well, that was________." It drove her nuts for a long time before she pointed it out to me. We'd finish hanging out with some buddies. "Well, that was fun." We'd see a crappy movie. "Well, that was a waste of money." We'd eat a yummy dessert. "Well, that was delicious." Turns out I sum up pretty much anything and everything this way. I never noticed until she told me. Now I think about it occasionally. I think I've cut down significantly on the number of times I do this in a day, but I still catch myself doing it.
Apparently I say the word Saturday funny. Zack says so. He thinks it's cute. I can't tell what's wrong with the way I say it. Sounds normal to me.
I have an obsession with cleaning my ears. Yes, I am very aware that you're not really supposed to put Q-tips in your ears, but I just can't help it. I love that squeaky clean ears feeling. I sometimes clean out my ears 3, 4, maybe even 5 times a day, just because I want to.
I have about a million water bottles in my fridge, and I have this terrible practice of pulling one out and sipping at it for a while. By the time I get maybe a quarter of the way or halfway through the bottle, I decide it's not cold enough anymore, so I get out a new one and do the same thing. By the end of any given day, there might be a half dozen or so partially full water bottles scattered about that house that need to be refilled. I really should just throw some away to kick this habit.
I love to yack to anyone who will listen about the events of my day. When I was younger, I used to come home and summarize the events of the day for my mom. "Mom, wanna hear about my day?" It became a tradition of sorts, with the other kids joining in. Now I do it to Zack. Sometimes I get upset if he forgets to ask me to tell him about my day. I like to hear about his day too. Every day, he tries to get away with, "I got up, I went to work, and I came home." Nope. I wanna know what time he got up, what he was working on at work, etc. I like to hear the details. I don't think he enjoys this ritual very much since he resists it constantly, but it's my thing.
I like to hang my report cards on the fridge, like a little kid. I also love to color, like a little kid (except I am really good at staying in the lines).
I procrastinate like a pro. In fact, I am doing just that this very moment. Why would I study for finals when I could write on my blog?
I am spoiled rotten. When we go shopping, we often buy something for me and we rarely buy something for Zack. I bet I have 20 pairs of shoes. He has 2. 1 for church, 1 for other stuff. He was in a real bind the other week when we got caught in the pouring rain and his non-church shoes became soaked. Still, if we go to the store and see a particularly cute pair of shoes for a particularly good deal, you may very well find them in my closet. It's not just a shoe thing either. It's pretty much like that all the time.
I give horrible gifts. If you ever get a gift from me, I apologize in advance. I try, I really do. I think and think, and go to store after store, but nothing ever seems just right, and so I end up settling for something that isn't right at all. Some people are harder to shop for than others (my husband, for example) and they are the ones that really see my crappy gift giving shine through. It's okay. I won't be offended if you throw it away.
Alright, so maybe another post about me me me me me wasn't the best solution to the whole stuck up thing I have going on here. Oh well, I guess if you come to my blog, you might expect to read about me.
5 comments:
Haha, ShaNae, you crack me up.
Of all the people I have ever met, you are definitely on the top 5 list of "Most Not Stuck Up". :) I wouldn't worry too much about it.
But thanks for sharing all your foibles. :) It's always fun to read about weird quirks. :)
There's a "t" in the word "Saturday." I promise.
let's see, what to post so you won't feel stuck up.... hmm... I'll go with, geez ShaNae, you have a lot of problems in your life. You are so not perfect. ... UGH! That was so forced, that is the best I can come up with. I'd have to say your husband is lucky to have you. WAIT! I'm not suppose to compliment you. (By the way, it's normal for a guy to leave out details, ask Natalie) Now I know why Zack and I get along so well, we both have 2 pairs of shoes. :)
Oh my! My checks hurt from laughing! You totally CRACK ME UP!! Tom used to only have 2 pairs of shoes too, but then I bought him a pair for the summer...now he has 3. You are so funny! I got NO sleep last night so today hasn't been really whoopy...I needed that! Thanks! Oh, and I do all sorts of weird things too. I just don't have time to do much about it let alone make a list of them :)
You are awesome! I can't believe that you feel stuck up about writing about yourself on your blog. That is the entire point of having a blog, you get to vent how you feel and what you think.
I love reading your blog. It cracks me up
Post a Comment