Monday, March 26, 2012

Are you tired of hearing about my pregnancy yet?

If you are tired of it, time to move on to a new blog, because here's another update.

I am now 33 weeks (as of tomorrow).
Yes, we have picked a name. No, I will not tell you what it is. Sorry about that.
I ran out of anti-nausea medication a couple of weeks ago and am doing okay without it at this point. I still have times when I feel extremely nauseous, but I think it has largely passed.
The baby loves to wiggle. She often takes up residence right up against my right rib cage, which can be quite uncomfortable and makes it difficult to breathe.
With such a huge stomach jutting out of the front of me, I often find myself resting things on my abdomen... my plate when I am eating on the couch, for example. The baby hates it when I do that. She almost always kicks whatever object is sitting on my belly with big, strong kicks.
I have stretch marks. :(
But I never get heartburn. :) Don't know why that is. I've never had it in my life, and I guess pregnancy is no exception.
Yes, I am very nervous. I am nervous about the delivery. I am nervous about taking care of a baby. I am nervous about carting a 2 month old to France for a few weeks.
I have approximately 1 bzillion things I would like to get done before the baby comes, including a few ambitious projects. Unfortunately, I only have the energy to do the bare minimum required of me to get through a day... sometimes not even that. It is hard to imagine tackling my projects when I can't even tackle the dishes in the sink.
Why do all maternity tops try to insist that you hang out as much cleavage as possible?
The baby wakes up to Zack's alarm clock. She doesn't get the opportunity too often as I almost always have to get up before him, but when I have days off and such, she always starts wiggling around as soon as his alarm clock goes off.
We are so excited for our little girl to join us. I am so excited to not be pregnant anymore.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Your belly looks very cute. I never looked that cute pregnant. Can't wait to meet my new niece. I'm definitely going to have to come visit so Marseille can meet her cousin.

Savanna said...

i'm not tired of hearing about it! that's so funny how she wakes up when zack's alarm goes off and kicks when you place things on your belly. she sounds like a lively thing! i can't wait to meet her!

Rach and Clark said...

ShaNae, your pregnancy posts are so infrequent that I don't feel like I've heard enough about your pregnancy. Also, I never get to see you so I never know how you are doing, how big your belly is, etc. I'm glad to hear that your nausea has subsided for the most part. I can't even imagine... Anyway, I hope all is well with you guys and that you're getting your place prepped from the little one. Or are you guys moving?? I can't seem to keep track of who's staying and who's leaving.