Sunday, November 13, 2011

A pregnancy rundown

I saw this on a friend's blog (thanks Tricia) so I thought I'd steal it to give anyone who wants to know the rundown on my pregnancy.

Q. When are you due?
A. My original due date was May 22, but our ultrasounds revealed that we are actually a week ahead so it's now May 15th, 2012.

Q. Was this planned?
A. Yes yes yes. In fact, we have been trying to get pregnant for quite a while. We never thought it would take this long and were really starting to worry that it wasn't ever going to happen for us. We lost a pregnancy earlier this year, and are very pleased that everything seems to be going well so far in this pregnancy.

Q. How did you find out?

A. I have been tracking my ovulation and cycles faithfully and taking pregnancy tests each month in hopes of getting a positive result. It was a Sunday morning when I took the test and it was positive! I had to go to work so I just left it in the bathroom for the hubs to see. I don't think he was too fond of the fact that I didn't wake him up to show him the positive test. I wasn't happy like I thought I would be though. I was just terrified that we would lose the pregnancy again. I waited a couple of days and then (on my birthday) took a couple more tests, which both came out positive. At that point, I let myself get cautiously excited.

Q. Are you sick?
A. Oh yes. I find the term morning sickness to be woefully inadequate to describe what I have been feeling. I am nauseous pretty much all day every day. Sometimes it's worse than others. If you want the nitty gritty details, I rarely actually vomit (although it certainly has happened). Still, I basically feel like trash all the time and so I go to work because I have absolutely no choice, and then I do nothing except be sick. Thankfully, my wonderful husband has picked up most of the slack around the house.

Q. Does your family know?
A. We told our families a couple of weeks ago while we were visiting Utah. We told my family while we were all out to breakfast together. Zack's family was a little harder because Megan's wedding was imminent so everyone was so busy and never in the same place all at once. We told Amy first and were finally able to tell the others one night.

Q. Do you have names?
A. We have a long time to think about it. I hate all girl names, so we'll have to figure out what to do about that if it's a girl. We have a couple of boy names in mind, but nothing set in stone.

Q. Are you going to find out what it is?
A. Definitely. I can't imagine not finding out. I am such a planner. It would be torture for me to not be able to prepare as much in advance as I can.

Q. Where will you deliver?
A. The University of Pennsylvania Hospital, which is very nearby our house. We will probably just ride the bus down there when the time comes.

Q. Have you gained weight?
A. No. No noticeable changes in that department yet. But don't worry. I will. Probably a lot too. My cravings are all for junk food and I seriously can't even look at a vegetable without wanting to upchuck everywhere.

Q. Boy or Girl?
A. We want a healthy, human baby. Other than that, I don't think we're too picky. I have been randomly speculating that it's a girl for no apparent reason... maybe just because I think I'd have a funner time dressing a girl baby than a boy baby. But if that's the case, we might have some trouble in the naming department. So maybe I hope it's a boy just so we don't have to deal with all that.

Q. Are you scared?
A. Not really. I am scared of miscarrying, but other than that, all the scary stuff still seems a long way off. I will probably get more afraid as my due date gets closer.

Q. Any other feelings?
A. We are excited. We feel inadequate to be parents but are hoping to figure some things out along the way. We are grateful for all the love and support we have received thus far from our family and friends.

8 comments:

Miss J. said...

Yay! Sweetie, I am so excited for you. I'll keep you in my prayers that everything goes well. Love you!

Preethi said...

YAYYYYYY!!! This post makes me so happy. We are so thrilled for you guys!

Oh, and I have to say - I totally thought it would be more fun to dress a girl baby than a boy baby, too. I was dead wrong.

becks said...

wahhoo! sorry about the sickness though. Hopefully it gets better! muchos happiness for you ^_^

natalie said...

I am so excited! I could just cry for you guys I'm so happy. I really wish I was there to celebrate with you!

Savanna said...

HOORAY!!! i am SO happy for you guys. i sure hope the sickness wears off soon... that's awful! no fun at all. but oh, so worth it! congratulations!!!!

Rach and Clark said...

hey, we found your blog! Thanks for posting it on facebook so now we can stalk you guys ;) We're excited for you guys and hope you start to feel much better soon. If you ever need any help, just let us know!

Brydon, Jennifer, Caleb, & Cooper, too said...

Yeah!!! So excited for you! You guys will be great parents. Enjoy the journey and I hope you get feeling well :)

Me said...

So happy for you guys!