Monday, November 7, 2011

A baby shower

A few weeks back, we went to Utah for Zack's sister's wedding, which was really nice. While we were there, I was able to throw my sister a baby shower. People actually came, which is rare for events that I plan, and I think the whole thing turned out to be a success.
Unfortunately I did not get any pictures of the adorable mom-to-be, but I did take some photos of the shower decor.
My sister is nuts about rubber duckies. She has been for a long time. She had one on top of her wedding cake and her 1st dance at her wedding was to the song. That made choosing a baby shower theme easy, so I went with rubber ducks/bath time. It seems that this theme lends itself more easily to a boy baby since the color blue naturally goes with the theme, but I had no trouble stirring in some pink to add a girly flair.
We put the drinks (pink and yellow lemonades) in a baby bathtub.
Bath stuff

Duckies

The full spread (plus my sister's husband Zach)

Diaper cake

Check out these adorable cupcakes that Tosca (my sister-in-law) made.

I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. Congrats to Michelle and Zach. We are very excited for our little niece to make her debut next month.

1 comments:

Aimee said...

It looks like it was so cute! I wish I could have made it to the shower.