It all started on that weekend just over 2 weeks ago. I went into work on Saturday and they asked me to stay for a double shift. Usually I agree to stay on Saturday night if they will give me Sunday off, but they couldn't agree to that this time. I was going to refuse, but then they offered me the upcoming Friday off. I was already scheduled to be off on the Saturday and Sunday of the upcoming weekend. A 3 day weekend sounded pretty good. So I agreed to do it. So I worked my double, went home and got some zzzzzzzs, and showed up back at work on Sunday. And they called and asked me to stay for a double on Sunday night. When they offered me Thursday off and I realized my weekend would now be 4 days long, I agreed. So I worked my double shift, went home and got some zzzzzzs, and showed back up at work on Monday. No, they didn't ask me to work a double shift on Monday, thank goodness. I would've had to say no. I was downright pooped by the end of my shift that day. Tuesday was my day off, so I went over to the new apartment to pick up the keys and then I scrubbed the place so we would be ready to move in over the weekend. I cleaned the outsides and insides of all the cupboards. I vacuumed and mopped. I cleaned windows. I scrubbed the bathroom. (I should note that Zack came in the evening after work and helped me with all of this). The lasted most of the day. On Wednesday, I had to work again, so I did. Thursday was the beginning of my epic 4 day weekend. Even though we were moving in just a couple days, we decided to take advantage of my time off and do something fun, so we headed down the Atlantic City.
Although it's sort of uncool to admit you like Atlantic City, we admit it. It's only a little over an hour away when there's no traffic, there's tons to do, and you can get a room in one of the big hotel casinos on the beach for really cheap on a weeknight in the off season, which is what we did. We were more than pleased with the hotel room,
which was quite nice and included a fabulous ocean view.
It was nice weather, but not quite warm enough to be beach weather, so we spent our time shopping at the outlets,
eating at PF Chang's, walking the boardwalk (here's Z outside the Wild Wild West casino. We stayed at Bally's, which is attached to this casino),
and watching some of our favorite TV shows at the hotel. It was excellent and very relaxing.
The next morning, we got up and just went straight home. We had a lot of preparation to do because it was Friday and our move was scheduled for Saturday. So we got home fairly early and spent the day packing.
On Saturday, we had to go all over to find a moving truck, but we finally got one, we got some helping hands, and we got all our stuff over to the new place. It was sad to leave our old apartment, but we love our new apartment so far and we are excited about it. We are still working on some final details so no pictures yet. I still have more to catch up on, but this will do for now.
1 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend.
Can't wait to see pics of your new apartment.
yfac
Post a Comment