I'm sitting at work on my break, so who knows how well put together this post will be, but are they ever really well put together?
So... money free week ended last Wednesday, and I still haven't updated about how it went.
The answer: it was a SUCCESS if you can believe it. I hardly can. We actually went the entire week without spending any money-- at least not any money that we hadn't already spent. I guess you could argue that I was spending money every time I used gas to drive somewhere and stuff like that, but we bought all that stuff before the week started.
A recap:
- The hardest days were my days off... especially the weekend. It was tempting to just grab a bite while we were out or something like that.
-Being sick really made it hard some days. I got a really bad cold and I was just exhausted. There were some days that I really wanted a restaurant to cook for us so I wouldn't have to prepare my own lunch for work and stuff for that.
-Even though it felt hard a couple of times, it was mostly pretty easy and didn't feel like a drastic lifestyle change or anything.
-It was empowering. When I made it to the end of the week, I felt so proud of us. We actually can have some self-control when we put our minds to it. Maybe we can transfer some of that energy into exercising, or cleaning the bathroom more regularly, or something else we really ought to be more disciplined about.
I might think about making this a more regular thing. It was nice to not think about bills or bargains or anything like that.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Money free week recap
Posted by ShaNae at 7:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
What a great idea!!!!!!
We need to brownbag it more here at the homestead.
YFAC
Post a Comment