Sunday, March 21, 2010

1st day of Spring

I think the first day of spring isn't technically until Sunday, but today was a great kickoff to spring for us. Rita's, which sells our favorite water ice (known as Italian ice elsewhere, but Rita's is yummier), was giving out free water ice today in honor of the first day of spring, which we took full advantage of. We passed 3 Rita's while we were out and about today and stopped at each one. Mango is the best flavor. I have tried tons of others and still have not found a single flavor that beats it. No, I did not try their new Peeps flavor. We tried the swedish fish one once and were kind of surprised at how much like swedish fish it actually tasted, so I was a little nervous about getting a water ice that tastes like a marshmallow duck covered in sugar.

Not only was the Rita's awesome, but the weather was pretty much to die for. It was mid-70s, sunny, and absolutely gorgeous.
Unfortunately, I had to work this afternoon so our delightful day was cut short. The first part was still good.
In other news, my husband executed an excellent deal today and got us The Princess and The Frog on DVD for about $3. Good job sugar. We haven't seen it yet, so we don't even know if we like it, but it was such a good deal.
Also, we looked at a house today. Not to buy, just to rent. Yes, we've still been working on finding our next place to live. But we're pretty sure we've finally made our decision. More to come on that...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mango rocks.

yfac