Sunday, June 21, 2009

A couple of shout outs

It's been a while since I've written.  I know, not a horribly long while, but a while.  That's mostly because nothing much is happening.  I basically sit home all day and look for a job.  I really, really needed a break after school got out and I enjoyed the 2 months off followed by our whirlwind of a month that was May, but now I am ready to have a life again and I am just downright bored. Unfortunately, the job hunt hasn't been the least bit fruitful.  The economy sucks, even for nurses, especially in the incredibly saturated market that is Philadelphia.  So that's life right now.

Since it's Father's Day, I posted a short little tribute to my papa on my family's website.  Here it is:

Thanks to grandma and grandpa for giving me my dad.
He is the best dad.   He is one of the smartest people I know.   His ideas and opinions are well thought out.
He is actually really funny.   Lots of people don't understand his sense of humor, but I'd like to think that I get it sometimes.   Hey siblings-- remember the time that dad laughed?
He has the cute nose in our family (although Michelle's fusion nose is pretty good too).
He's turning 50 this year.   He doesn't seem that old (hee hee).
Sometimes I look at pictures of myself and I can see a facial expression that is so "my dad".   I love it when that happens.
Dad travelled a lot when we were kids.   That's not what I remember though.   I don't have memories of dad being gone all the time.   I have memories of doing fun stuff with him.   If someone hadn't mentioned it to me when I was older, I probably would've never even known that he was gone a lot.   He was always there when we needed him.
Dad needs glasses to read with now that he's old.   But reading glasses make him look even smarter than usual.
My dad decided to deal with some mega elbow pain instead of popping a ton of high strength pain pills on my wedding day because he wanted to be able to remember the whole day clearly.   That is just one of many examples of my dad putting others before himself.
He has worked hard day in and day our for so many years because he loves his family and wants to make our lives the best they can be.
So, to the best papa there is, Happy Father's Day.   I love you.


I also missed the chance to send a shout out to my mom and brother who both had birthdays this past week.  You guys are awesome.

0 comments: