Monday, June 2, 2008

A peek at our new apartment

This post is mostly for the sake of my mom, who wanted to see some pictures of our new apartment, but feel free to take a gander if you feel so inclined.
We're still working on finding places to put some last things but I think you could call us pretty settled now.  Forgive any stray messes that may be visible in the photos.
This is the bedroom, which is much more spacious than our last bedroom, and here is our first real bed (we had been sleeping on twin beds pushed together until we moved here).



Here's the bathroom.
 
And the living room.

And also the kitchen 

(not extremely adorable, I know but it has......)

THE DISHWASHER!
So far, we really like it a lot.  It can be a little noisy at times (a side effect of living in the midst of many a college student-- happened in our old apartment too but was somewhat dampened by our 4th floor location).  The trolleys also stop just outside our building (they come above ground here, so it's not the underground subway-like system anymore once you reach our place), which can get kind of noisy, but is so worth it to have that kind of access to transportation.  I think street noise is relatively easy to tune out, and that was actually one of the major reasons that we decided to move here.
Mom and dad will have a chance to see it when they come for my pinning ceremony in 10 months (if I make it through this), and hopefully we will have found a place for everything by then, just in time to move all our stuff again.  

2 comments:

Generational stitcher said...

I want your stray mess...it's so much smaller then mine :) Way cute apartment! Love the bedding...one day, I'll get make mine cute too :) Oh and for street noise...it's EVERYWHERE!! Our neighbors kids out yelling and whatever at all hours of the night...joy joy

LaChelle said...

I'm not kidding when I say these pictures seriously look like they could come out of one of those home decorating magazines! What a cute apartment! I'm still working on mine...