Tonight will be the maiden voyage of our dishwasher. I am so excited. I just hope it works. I know there are people out there cooking for and cleaning up after more than 2 people, sometimes many more, and they don't have a dishwasher. You people have great treasures waiting for you in heaven.
Yes LaChelle, I saw your tag, but I seriously don't have a book handy. We still don't have internet in our new apartment so I'm at a cafe using it. I'll get to it soon.
As for our move, we have cleared the floor in the front room, thanks in large part to an enormous bookcase that we bought from a guy around the corner. We went to the store yesterday and spent way too much time gasping about how much curtains cost. Wish I could sew. I failed a quiz today due to the chaos of the past little bit. No, this isn't one of my little whinings about how I failed when I actually got a B instead of an A. This was a real-life bona fide F. In fact, it was 15% below the cut off for an F. I can count the number of those I've gotten in my life on one hand. Come to think of it, I can probably count them on 1 finger (or maybe not... I'm not really sure), so it was kinda sad, but I'm surprisingly hardly beating myself up over it. I feel somewhat justified, and the quiz doesn't actually carry that much weight. I hope the final in a couple weeks goes much better.
We had a blast at Gettysburg this past weekend. I don't have pictures yet but I put some up soon. Life will be much less complicated once we get the internet kinks worked out.
Practically our whole ward is moving in the next couple of weeks. You guys are great. We'll miss you.
I know this post has been all over the place. May everyone enjoy such a scattered life for a few days so they can better appreciate the blessing that is order and routine.
2 comments:
Curtains aren't too bad as long as you aren't too picky. Meaning...the ones with the loops are easy to make. Anything more then that, and I am out. Measure The width of the window and times it by 3, that's how wide you want them. I assume you know how to measure how long you want them :) If you know what kind of fabric you want, then time is all it takes and it's usually not so bad. Let me know, I'll be glad to help :) It would probably only take a couple of hours and most of that would be turning the tabs.
There is a curtain warehouse in Ridley Park on 320. If you want specific directions I can get it for you. The curtains are actually pretty nice and there is a huge selection that doesn't break the bank.
Post a Comment