Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Zack

I have been partying with my husband this weekend, since it is his birthday on Sunday. 
It seems to be a tradition of sorts for people to post something nice about he or she whose birthday it is/will soon be.  Although I feel some qualms about being all trendy, I think I will follow suit on this one and spit out some random things that I think are so awesome and/or adorable about Zack.
- He cooks for us just about every single day, if not more than once a day.  I can not cook and I do not like to cook.  On occasion, I make something.  It usually doesn't turn out.  Zack is a fabulous cook though.  How many girls snag a husband who cooks every night?  I got really lucky there.
- Zack has a talent for expressing himself.  He is very articulate, and is also a great writer.  
- He has a pen fetish.  He is on a quest to find the world's most amazing pen.
- When I am in a bad mood, he reminds me that we're moving in a month to an adorable little apartment that we carefully picked out.  He starts outlining the amenities we'll enjoy while we're there, and before I know it, I have forgotten all about whatever was upsetting me.  He has this idea in his head that he has no ability to cheer me up when I'm grouchy because sometimes I am stubborn and refuse to be cheered up, but he is really the thing that brightens my day and my life the most (aw, how cheesy).
- He introduces me to movies and shows that I probably would have never watched, and I end up loving them.  Right now, we're on season 2 of an X-files marathon.  Good times.  I also introduce him to movies he never would have watched because they are really dumb.  He watches them with me anyway because he loves me.
- He is probably the hardest worker I know.  He goes to school full time and has tons of homework.  He has a very time-consuming church calling, he writes for the school paper, plays in the band, and works.  Then, as before mentioned, he comes home every night and cooks for us, and treats me like I've had the hardest, most tiring day ever.  I end up sitting on my butt like a spoiled little princess while my husband does everything.  
- He does a really great impression of a camel.

- When he studies or works at his computer, he always chews on stuff.  It's really cute.  He will have the pen he's holding in his mouth, or he'll pull the lid of a highlighter using his teeth.  He doesn't even realize he's doing it because he's so busy thinking about something else.
- He has a talent for brushing his teeth for a really long time.  When I brush my teeth, I have to stand at the sink and spit every so often.  Otherwise, I feel like my mouth is filling with foam and such and I am going to suffocate.  He can sit on the couch and work on something or watch TV and just brush away.  On and on he goes, never running for the sink gasping for air as I would in a similar situation.  
- He is the best husband in the entire world.  I've never met anyone so great.  I am the luckiest chick on the planet.  He'll be mad at me for posting the camel picture and for writing some of this stuff.  Maybe I can make some amends by saying I love you Zack.  Happy birthday.

Isn't he cute?


3 comments:

Generational stitcher said...

HOW SWEET!! Hope you guys have a great day together!!

Becca said...

this is such a cute post! the camel picture is fabulous. don't you love blackmail pictures of your husband? :)

Preethi said...

Happy belated birthday, Zack!

Also, I love The X-Files. :)