It was time for my family reunion in St George a couple of weeks ago. We had debated a lot about if we should really go or not. Clara seems to be liking the car less and less lately and that's a long drive for a little baby. Plus the plan was to go to Sand Hollow Reservoir, which has swimmer's itch going on. No way I was going to let my baby go in the water there. But in the end, we decided to cowboy up and go. So I spent all day Friday getting ready and packing and cleaning. It was stressful and we got out of the door later than planned. So I called my mom to let her know we were getting out late.
S- "Hi Mom, are you there yet?"
M- "Am I where?"
S- "St. George"
M- "Why would I be in St. George?"
S- "Um.... the family reunion."
M- "That's next week"
S- "It is? No way"
Yup. I had the wrong week in my head. I have no idea where I got that date, but I had it in there for weeks, and I was sure that's when it was. I was wrong. Luckily, we hadn't gotten too far when I called her, so we decided to just go to Ikea, since we were close to Draper. So we did.
The next weekend was actually the right weekend, so I did it all again. Packing, cleaning, preparing. This time, things went smoother, perhaps because we had a practice run the week before. We got out the door as soon as Zack got off work, and made it down to St. George. Baby was okay on the car ride. She only slept about 45 minutes, which was kind of a bummer, and she was fussy some of the way, but not too bad.
So Saturday was reservoir day. As I mentioned before, I wasn't letting my child anywhere near that water. I wasn't interested in going in either. So we just went to the reservoir for a little bit in the morning, then returned to the hotel to give our baby a nap. After nap time, we went to the Pasta Factory with Michelle, Zach, and Mars, then we hit up the mall. We went for some ice cream with some more of my family, who were back from the reservoir by that time. In the evening, we went to a family dinner with everyone, and then we watched some skits some of the family prepared, but again the baby got too tired, so we cut out early. She zonked about 2 seconds after we got in the car, so we decided to go to the outlets, where we just carried her around sleeping. The next morning, we got together with the extended family again for a short time before heading home.
We didn't really get to spend much time with extended family because of the baby's schedule, because we did not want to go to the reservoir for long, and because it was a whopping 113 degrees outside on the Saturday (not keeping the baby outside in that), but we still had fun. It was nice to have a little change of scenery. Baby was a gem on the way home, sleeping 2 hours of the drive.
The only pictures we took the whole time were a couple of Clara and Mars on the little fire truck at the mall.
Monday, July 22, 2013
Family reunion
Posted by ShaNae at 9:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment