Thursday, December 24, 2009

Maybe a little festive

Brittney did this on her blog and I thought it was cute so I will follow suit. I will do a post about what we've been up to soon (and we've been having a blast) but here's something festive for the holiday.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly wrapping paper, but some things just work in gift bags.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. Easy to maintain and it keeps giving year after year.
3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? I don't think I have a specific date or anything, but pretty soon after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yucky!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh brother, who knows. I remember these awesome pajamas I got one year, and my sister and cousins got the same ones in different colors.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Zack. He is very particular.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My parents. They get the same thing every year. We make them a photo book.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yeah. I have several things that would probably qualify as a nativity scene. My favorite is a little set that is very colorful.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Meh. Neither really. I sent some out this year because I got almost all the stuff free during my bargain hunting endeavors.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My great-grandma had a way of giving.... interesting gifts. One year I got this enormous orange ring (I'm not in love with the color orange). Another year, I got this gigantic t-shirt (night shirt?) with a scary angel thing on it. One year we got this movie from her that no one was even remotely interested in. It was years ago. It's still in the shrink wrap at my parents' house as far as I know. It's kind of a running joke and memorial to great grandma. She was a really sweet lady though.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon).
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I feel like it, but early.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't really get this question. Does it mean have I ever regifted? I don't know if I have. Probably, but nothing comes to mind. I have probably actually recycled Christmas presents too. I try to be earth friendly when I can.
15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Hot chocolate. I guess that's not really eating. Turkey maybe. Or that toffee stuff with the chocolate and nuts on top.
16. Lights on the tree? Sure
17. Favorite Christmas song? I love O Holy Night.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Usually we travel, but not this year because of my job.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have a Liberty Bell on the top of our tree. We live in Philadelphia after all.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We usually open 1 on Christmas Eve (often something bed related such as pajamas), and the rest on Christmas.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? That's easy. Winter
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have gotten an ornament for Christmas every year since I can remember. It's usually something that sort of represents the year (a statue of liberty the year my family vacationed in NYC, a graduation cap when I graduated from high school). I want to carry on that tradition in my own family. It makes for a very sentimental and fun Christmas tree.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Home Town Buffet... or was it Chuck-A-Rama. Hee hee. Ok not really. Don't care really.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?

1 comments:

Savanna said...

haha! sweet granny. such treasures. :)