Sunday, November 15, 2009

I love shopping

You all know that I love a good deal.
We have made some good finds in the past couple of weeks. Some are going to be Christmas presents for people so I can't really spill the beans about those, but I can highlight some of the stuff we got for ourselves.
I love shopping at Rite Aid. They have an excellent rebates program. This week was another success. We were running out of body wash and shampoo around here, and we like mouthwash as a little luxury when it goes on a good sale. Well, we got all this stuff pictured, plus a toothbrush and a gallon of milk, for $1.14.

Here's the receipt to prove it.

Not only that but we will be getting $2.99 back in the mail for this purchase, so we actually made a very modest profit. I had to argue with the checker for a while to really work this one out, but I think they got sick of arguing with me and they just humored me. I usually carry all the store's coupon policies with me when I go so that I have proof that I am right about a specific coupon policy, but I didn't happen to have the part I needed this time. I went right home and printed it up and now I will have it for next time.
We hit up the Old Navy outlet at the mall, and they were having a buy one get one free sale on their performance fleece. Then at the checkout stand, the cashier gave us a 30% off coupon which we used on our purchases, so we ended up getting some warm cozy fleece stuff for a fabulous deal.
A Christmas gift that we found for me (shhhhh, pretend like I don't know what I am getting) is this delightful little pair of shoes, which we got for $2.50. No joke. I know, I know, I don't really need any more shoes. But I love them. And they were only $2.50!

And perhaps our favorite deal of the week was on UP. We just saw it for the first time this past week, and of course we loved it. We aren't really big movie buyers (or watchers really), but when we saw this smashing deal, we knew we had to get it. We got a 4 disc combo pack, which includes the Blu Ray (no, we don't have a Blu Ray player, but we might someday), the DVD, a digital copy, and a bonus disc, plus an adventure journal. The total came out the $9.99. Then we have a rebate coming in the mail which makes it come to $5.99!

It's fun to bargain hunt all year, but I really like it at Christmas time because I feel like I can really share the love. Woo hoo!

3 comments:

Miss J. said...

That is amazing! I really want to know how you pulled that off at Rite Aid - wow!

Savanna said...

you are the such a talented bargain hunter! i wish i had your skills.

Me said...

I was telling John about this today, we are SO impressed! You should host an enrichment activity, I would love to learn your mad skillz!