On Saturday, we went out to Longwood gardens. It was a beautiful day, and the gardens looked great. Thanks to Natalie and Robert, who left us their free passes when they moved. They made our trip possible, and we really enjoyed it.
Here are some pretty pictures.
Fountain show
I loved these big yellow flowers with pepper plants in the background.
Italian water garden
On our way home, we ran into nearly a million block parties. Okay, I am exaggerating, but it really was very many. Each block that was having a party was blocked off. It was a real nightmare trying to get home. We drove around and around, running into blocked off streets at nearly every turn. Traffic was ridiculous as everyone else in the area was stuck in this mess too. We finally made it to Chestnut street, which was, thank goodness, a clear ride the rest of the way home. I was so happy that I just couldn't help blogging about it. Thus my last post.
Here's a picture of that mural that is going up next door that I mentioned before. It has progressed a lot more since I took this picture. I will add more later.
We had a relatively quiet and enjoyable Labor Day. We spent it shopping and just kinda hanging out.
My shopping trip for today: I got 8 boxes of cereal, 4 boxes of brownie mix, 3 cans of soup, 2 boxes of granola bars, 2 boxes of pasta, 4 boxes of Gushers, 3 noodle mixes, 2 packages of Oreos, 2 cans of Pillsbury biscuits, 2 bottles of soda, and a gallon of milk for just barely over $30!
For those of you who are worried that we are living off of Lucky Charms and brownies, relax a little. When bargain shopping, you often end of stocking up on things while they are a good deal, and eating/using them over several weeks or even months. We took a grocery trip earlier this week and bought produce (pineapple, grapes, strawberries, limes... mmmm) and some meat for some real meals. I'm not pretending that we always eat the best things ever, but I feel like I should reassure my mom that we aren't just eating cookies for 3 meals a day. :)
And finally... I had to go get a physical today for my new job. I got there about 5 minutes after my appointment time, checked in with the lady at the desk, signed my name on the sign in sheet, and waited..... and waited.... and waited. About 45 minutes after my appointment time, a man walked in for his appointment and he went right back to see the doctor. It was about that time that I started thinking something was wrong. A bit later, more people that had showed up after me started going back to see the doctor. So I went to the desk, and it turns out that they had basically forgotten about me. Nobody really knew I was there. I had checked in. I had talked to someone and signed in. But I waited an hour and a half only to find out that they didn't even know I was waiting there. It was annoying and weird.
PS-- Go healthcare reform! (although I am not blaming the above situation on the current healthcare system. That was just an unlucky fluke)
3 comments:
Mmmmm.... 4 boxes of Gushers? I'm definitely coming over. :)
wow, that longwood gardens place looks so pretty! too bad it's not free to just go inside and walk around. i had my shots yesterday...sniff sniff.. i'm glad i didnt have to wait very long or else i would have wimped out and left! is your arm sore? mine sure is. i hate getting poked.
Bartram's Garden is free! And has more history.
Post a Comment